A message from Kyle Chambers, Board President
Now that the St. Peter Food Co-op is well-established in its new location, over the past year, your Directors on the Board have been working diligently to plan for the Co-op’s future by revising and updating our Ends Statement. The Ends Statement is a succinct description of our collective aspirations for the Co-op—what we as Owners would like to see as outcomes in the future, what the Co-op should strive to achieve through day-to-day activities, and whom will benefit from these accomplishments. The Ends should reflect the values and vision of our Owners and position the Co-op to make a well-defined impact. Therefore, the Board has been engaged in conversations, research, and education to help us articulate the Co-op’s desired impact.
Below, you will see the product of our efforts—a new Ends Statement. We hope that you will agree that it provides the Co-op with challenging but attainable objectives that will serve our Owners well and continue to nourish our community. The Board thanks you for your continued support of the Co-op and your active participation in our association… stronger together!
- Shoppers have goods and services that nourish people and the planet.
- Everyone has opportunities to make connections and build relationships in a fun, inclusive gathering-place.
- Owners have facilities and operations that promote environmental stewardship.
- Employees have a just workplace where every voice is valued and respected.
- Our community has access to resources and knowledge about how each person can contribute to personal, community, and environmental health.