Total Time: 30 minutes active; 3 hours total
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, paprika, dry mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place the ribs on a large rimmed baking sheet, rub with the spice mixture and tightly cover the baking sheet with foil. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. The meat will be tender and easily pull away from the bone. Let cool.
- While the ribs bake, make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, vinegar, and maple syrup. Transfer 1/2 cup of the sauce into a small bowl for serving.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the ribs, basting with the remaining sauce and turning occasionally, until just turning brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Service with the reserved sauce.