Keep this salad cool until it’s time to share. It will last, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for two days.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bunch Tuscan (lacinato) kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped to make 8 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, plus 2 tablespoons of marinade
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
- 1 3-ounce package sliced salami, cut in strips
- 2 large pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 large jarred roasted red pepper, drained and patted dry, slivered
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chop the kale and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt and massage the kale until it softens and shrinks.
- Add the drained artichoke hearts, red onions, salami, pepperoncini, roasted pepper and parmesan cheese and toss to mix.
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.