Busy schedule? You can make these easy snack balls and take them with you wherever you go or enjoy them at home. They’re perfect for that mid-afternoon craving, and they won’t ruin your appetite for dinner! You can substitute any type of plant-based or dairy milk for almond milk. You can also use dried fruit instead of chocolate chips.
Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup mini-chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds, flax seeds and almond milk and stir. Let stand until thick, about five minutes.Add the peanut butter, honey and salt to the seed mixture to the bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Scoop level tablespoons of the mixture and roll each into a ball, then place on the prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- Transfer to airtight containers and refrigerate for up to one week or freeze for up to four months
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.