Turn those ripe peaches into a fizzy drink spiked with ginger and lemon. All it takes is a quick spin in the blender. Adding plain kombucha adds beneficial bacteria to your refreshing beverage, or you can opt for sparkling water instead.
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 large peaches or nectarines, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups kombucha or sparkling water
- In a blender, add the peaches or nectarines, ginger, lemon juice and honey. Secure the lid and blend, raising the speed to high as you go. When the fruit is pureed and smooth, remove the lid and stir in the kombucha or sparkling water.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.