Total Time: 30 minutes; 15 minutes active
This zingy bean salad makes a delicious accompaniment to bean and rice burgers, fried green tomatoes or cornbread.
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 cup corn kernels, cooked
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Serve cold or at room temperature.
211 calories, 8 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 532 mg. sodium, 32 g. carbohydrate,2 g. fiber, 7 g. protein
Reposted by permission from grocery.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.grocery.coop.