This scrumptious, easy tart is sure to please. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Prep time: 2 1/2 hours, including chill time
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more room temperature for pan
- 2½ cups mixed raw nuts (such as walnuts, blanched hazelnuts, pistachios, and/or almonds)
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into 1″ pieces
- Flaky sea salt
- A 12″-diameter tart pan with removable bottom
- Place a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 350°. Lightly butter pan; line with a round of parchment paper cut to fit just inside pan. Pulse nuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Add sugar and salt and pulse again to combine. Drizzle in melted butter and pulse until nuts begin to clump together and mixture looks sandy. Using your hands, firmly and evenly press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan (it doesn’t need to come all the way up the sides). Bake crust until golden brown, 20–25 minutes. Let cool.
- Place chocolate in a medium bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan until just beginning to simmer; immediately pour over chocolate. Let sit, undisturbed, 5 minutes. Add butter and mix with a heatproof rubber spatula until smooth and glossy. Scrape ganache into crust and smooth out any bubbles. Chill, uncovered, until set, at least 1 hour.
- After chilling, remove tart from pan; sprinkle sea salt over. Slice into wedges with a hot knife and enjoy!