Saturday is the last day of what we know as the Gregorian calendar, with all the excitement of 2023 upon us for Sunday. What’s this year going to bring for you? Bring it in with some of our local cheeses and bread for an amazing fondue to share with friends and family. Don’t have a fondue pot? No problem. Just use individual ramekins or bowls as serving dishes. Cheers!
Three Cheese Fondue
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 ounces Gouda cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon grated shallots
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Dredge the cheeses in the flour. Place the wine and the shallots in a heavy pot over medium heat and bring to a light simmer.
- Stir in the cheese a little at a time until the mixture is smooth and all of the cheese is melted. Add the remaining ingredients and transfer to a fondue pot or individual stoneware ramekins/bowls.
- Serve with crusty bread, or even vegetables.
Calories: 325, Fat: 26 g, Cholesterol: 87 mg, Sodium: 561 mg, Carbohydrate: 1 g, Dietary Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 21 g