Sweeten up your morning with these scrumptious banana blueberry oat squares. Store the cooked baked oats, tightly covered, in the fridge and warm individual squares in the microwave for a comforting, filling meal.
Total Time: 50 minutes; 15 minutes active
Servings: 4 to 6
- Vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup walnuts, optional
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil spray. In a large bowl, mix the oats and walnuts.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the banana. Add the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, flax, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix. When smooth, pour over the oat mixture and stir to mix well. Fold in berries. Scrape into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the top of the oats looks dry. Transfer to a cooling rack and serve warm, or let cool completely and store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.