The sweetness of the pomegranate juice caramelizes the sprouts, which are delicious served warm as a side dish with ham, turkey or roasted chicken or at room temperature on an appetizer or antipasto platter.
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the oil, salt and pepper, place on a rimmed sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from oven and pour the pomegranate juice and vinegar over the Brussels sprouts, stirring well to coat. Return the pan to the oven for another 15 minutes, stirring the Brussels sprouts halfway through baking. Remove from the oven when the sprouts are tender and the pomegranate vinegar glaze has been absorbed. Toss with the pomegranate seeds and serve warm.
Reposted by permission from grocery.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.grocery.coop.