If you’re tight on time, these skewers are the perfect solution. The bright flavors of citrus bring out the succulent sweetness of the shrimp after a brief bath in the marinade and a few minutes on the grill.
Time: 45 minutes
- 2 pounds extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined, patted dry
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Skewer the shrimp, four shrimp per skewer, and place in a baking pan or similar container.
- In a cup, whisk the olive oil, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour the marinade over the shrimp and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate the shrimp for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat the grill. Pour a tablespoon of vegetable oil into a cup, then use a wadded paper towel, held with tongs, to oil the grate. As you take each skewer out of the marinade, let it drip for a few seconds, then place on the oiled grate. Discard the marinade. Cook for about two minutes per side, until the shrimp is browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and serve.
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.