This tropical pasta salad is a great side dish for grilled chicken or tofu seasoned with a jerk spice rub.
Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 8 ounces whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- Put on a pot of water for cooking the pasta, and add a large pinch of salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey and salt. Whisk to mix. Add the mango, avocado and red onions. Cook the pasta according to package directions, about 10 minutes, then rinse and drain. Add the pasta to the bowl; toss to coat and mix well. Mix in the basil and top with cashews.