Enjoy these minty treats on a warm afternoon along with some fresh berries, or serve after dinner alongside a scoop of ice cream. While this recipe calls for plain green tea, you can use any other green tea or black tea as well.
Time: 3 hours
- 4 cups water
- 4 teabags green tea
- 1/2 cup fresh spearmint, plus 10 small leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- Ice pop molds and sticks or 3-oz. paper cups and sticks
- Prepare your pop molds. If using paper cups, place them on a sheet pan.
- In a 2-quart pot, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for a few seconds, then drop in the teabags and 1/2 cup mint. Steep for 5 minutes, then remove the tea bags and stir in the honey until dissolved. Let cool.
- When cooled completely, strain into a pitcher, pressing on the mint gently. Pour the tea mixture into the prepared pop molds, place a mint leaf in each, then freeze completely. If using paper cups, freeze for half an hour before inserting sticks.
- When frozen, store in an airtight bag or container for up to a month.
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.