This three-ingredient sweet treat is fun to make and a great gift item for a special friend. Get the kids involved—they can help dip the truffles in white chocolate and decorate the gift boxes.
Time: 2.5 hours
- 12 3-inch sugar cookies (14 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Crumble the cookies into the bowl of a food processor and add the cream cheese. Process until a smooth paste is produced, scraping down and repeating as needed.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out level portions. Roll each between your palms to make an even ball. Place on the prepared pan and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- When firm, melt the white chocolate in a double boiler set over barely-simmering water. Use a fork to drop each truffle into the white chocolate, turn to coat, and lift out, tapping the fork on the edge of the pan to allow excess chocolate to fall back into the pan.
- Place dipped truffles back on the parchment-lined pan, and repeat. If there is a little chocolate left over, use the fork to drizzle it back and forth over the truffles for a decorative pattern.
- Chill again until set, then transfer to a storage container and keep in the refrigerator, tightly covered, until time to serve. These keep for a week in the refrigerator.