Trick-or-treating (or any day) is more fun when it starts with a spooky snack, like these PB&J spiders. This is a great alternative to candy, and your kids can have fun with their food!
Time: 15 minutes
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 48 small pretzel sticks
- 12 chocolate chips
- Have a platter ready for the finished “spiders.”
- Split and toast the English muffins, and spread each with about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a tablespoon of strawberry jam.
- Arrange 8 pretzels, 4 on each side radiating outward, on the bottom half of each English muffin to make 8 legs.
- Top with the other halves of the muffins.
- Make eyes on top by placing two chocolate chips on each English muffin; they should melt a little and adhere to the muffin. Serve warm.