Add eye appeal to your salad with a colorful mix of red, blue and white new potatoes, drizzled with a light vinaigrette. Meat, fish or tofu done with a white or red balsamic marinade or glaze will bring a sweeter contrast to your meal.
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound mixed red, white and blue new potatoes
- 1 medium jarred roasted red pepper, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and add cold water to cover by an inch. Place over high heat and bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes before checking for doneness. Using a paring knife, pierce the smallest potatoes first, and when the knife enters easily transfer the potato to a colander to drain. Continue checking the potatoes every few minutes. When all the potatoes are done, drain and let cool. Slice the potatoes in half, or quarters if large, and place in a large bowl.
- Chop the pepper and add to the bowl, then add the mint. In a cup, whisk the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper, then add the olive oil and whisk to combine. Pour over the potatoes and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate for up to three days before serving.