Don’t like spicy food? Substitute red bell pepper for the red jalapeño. Serve finished curry with rice for a satisfying meal.
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 4 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 large red jalapeño, slivered
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Combine the coconut milk with the curry powder and salt in a large saute pan, and stir to mix. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil and add the jalapeño, onion, green beans, and cauliflower.
- Stir, then cover the pan and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for ten minutes.
- Uncover and test the vegetables for doneness; they should be very tender when pierced with a paring knife. Stir in the lemon juice and taste for salt. If desired, simmer longer to thicken the sauce.