Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 small organic Asian pears, cored, diced – on sale for 2/$4 at the Co-op through 10/17
- 3 large kiwis, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup organic pomegranate seeds (arils) – on sale for 2/$4 at the Co-op through 10/17
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 Thousand Hills Top Sirloin Steak – on sale for $7.99 each at the Co-op through 10/17
- Combine pears, kiwis, pomegranate arils, onions and lemon juice in medium bowl; mix in 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Pre-heat broiler or grill. Season both sides of steaks generously with salt and pepper. Grill or broil about 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness (130 degree internal temperature for medium rare). Rest steaks loosely tented with foil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer 1 steak to each plate. Spoon salsa over top and serve.
See more St. Peter Food Co-op weekly sales that run through October 17th.
Recipe adapted from Stacey Siegal via Bon Appétit, April 1999.