Time: 20 minutes
You can’t go wrong serving mac and cheese with roasted or fried chicken! Use your favorite local cheddar for an instant upgrade.
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 8 ounces macaroni, 2 cups
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place milk, water, onion and salt in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a full boil, then stir in the macaroni. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to keep at a simmer. Stir frequently for 10 minutes.
- Start testing the pasta for doneness. When just al dente, stir in the peas, and when they are heated through, stir in the cheese and keep stirring until melted and creamy. Serve hot.