Peanut Butter Protein Balls
These are the perfect fuel for those busy days and are packed with Omega-3s. A fun treat for the kids to make. Sweet and salty snack lovers unite!
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes; 15 minutes active
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds, flax seeds and almond milk and stir. Let stand until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, honey and salt to the seed mixture in the bowl and stir thoroughly. Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Scoop level tablespoons of the mixture and roll each into a ball, then place on the prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.
- Transfer to airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Can also be frozen for up to 4 months. Thaw in refrigerator for 1 hour or at room temperature for 10 minutes before eating.
Any plant-based or dairy milk will work in place of the almond milk. You can also use dried fruit instead of chocolate chips.
80 calories, 4.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 50 mg. sodium, 11 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 2 g. protein