Please a crowd with these easy, flavor-packed mini-sandwiches. Just cook some chicken, and jazz up some purchased hummus with avocado, capers and olives for a slider that keeps the party going.
Total time: 40 minutes; 20 minutes active
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup prepared hummus
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 large Kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 whole wheat slider buns or whole wheat dinner rolls
- 16 spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly oil a sheet pan.
- Cut each chicken breast portion in half to make two even, slider-sized portions and place the chicken on the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Roast for 20 minutes, until an instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a breast reads 165°F and the juices run clear. Cool the chicken on a rack until cool enough to handle.
- Halve the avocado, remove the pit, and cut the flesh, still inside the skin, into dice and scoop into a medium bowl Add hummus, capers and olives and stir.
- On each bun, place a couple of spinach leaves, a piece of chicken, and top with about 3 tablespoons of the hummus mixture. Cover with the top half of the bun, using a toothpick to hold it together, if desired. Place sliders on a platter and serve.