Based in Brooten, MN, Redhead Creamery distributes their Ridiculously Good Cheese Curds, Lucky Linda Aged Farmhouse Cheddar, and Little Lucy Brie throughout Minnesota and beyond. Milk from the 180 cows on their farm flows directly into the on-site cheese plant, where their fresh, artisan farmstead cheese is produced. Many thanks to Redhead Creamery for perfecting this delicious and time-saving breakfast recipe, and for being one of our many local producers at the St. Peter Food Co-op!
Cheddar Cheese and Sausage Egg Bake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4-6 medium croissants, cut in half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 6 sausage links, sliced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (for a spicy twist, try using Redhead Creamery’s Red Temper – Cayenne Rubbed Cheddar!)
- In an 8×8 square baking dish, evenly place bottom halves of croissants, face down. Spread around the sausage slices over the croissant halves. Top the sausage slices with 3/4 cup cheese.
- Whisk together the milk, cream, and eggs. Pour half of the mixture over the croissant/sausage/cheese. Top with the remaining croissant halves, round side up. Evenly cover with remaining egg mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one house, up to overnight. Pro tip: Make it the night before so it’s ready for breakfast the next morning.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until it no longer jiggles.
- Serve warm.
Photo courtesy of Alise Sjostrom, Cheesemaker/President of Redhead Creamery, LLC