Sweet corn takes on a slightly smoky quality after a few turns on a hot grill. Add a tangy, sweet dressing and tender cubes of avocado, and you have a feast of flavors, colors and textures with minimal effort.
Time: 25 minutes
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the grill to high. Shuck the corn and place in a large bowl. Brush the corn with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the corn on the grill, and turn with tongs every couple of minutes. When the corn is tender and browned in spots on all sides — after about 10 minutes — remove from the grill to the bowl.
- Let the corn set until cool enough to handle. Use a chef’s knife to cut the kernels off the corn and put back in the bowl.
- In a cup, stir the lime juice and honey together, then stir in the jalapeños and garlic. Pour over the corn.
- Add the avocado, tomato and cilantro. Stir to mix well. Serve immediately.
Posted by permission from welcometothetable.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.welcometothetable.coop.