Noodles with peanut sauce are a family favorite, served warm or cold. Creamy peanut sauce over noodles and veggies create an intoxicating dish that’s just as good the next day, too. Substitute almond or other nut butters for those with a peanut allergy.
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 4 cups thinly-sliced purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Break noodles in halves or thirds and drop into water. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes and test for doneness. When done, drain immediately and rinse with very cold water. Set aside.
- Put about an inch of water in a large pot with a lid, and place a steamer basket inside. Bring water to a boil and add carrots to the steamer basket. Cover the pot and steam for 3 minutes, then add bell pepper and steam for another minute. Add cabbage and steam for 2 more minutes.
- Blend all remaining ingredients together in a food processor, or use a fork to mix thoroughly in a bowl. Pour noodles and veggies into the pasta cooking pot, add sauce and mix well. Add more soy sauce or lime juice to taste. Serve chilled or at room temperature.