Lightly steamed carrots are tossed with a Sriracha-spiced peanut sauce in this tasty side. The sweet and spicy flavors in this dish make it an excellent side for roast chicken or pork, or stir the slightly crunchy carrots into a big bowl of cooked brown rice, and sprinkle with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds or chopped peanuts for extra crunch.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 large carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Steam the carrots to desired degree of doneness, around 2 to 4 minutes.
- While the carrots cook, place the peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, Sriracha and honey in a medium bowl and stir with a fork until smooth.
- When the carrots are done, place in a serving bowl, drizzle with the peanut mixture, and toss to coat.
- Serve sprinkled with cilantro.