Read on for updates, timelines, and more regarding the upcoming Co-op refresh. If you have questions at any time, please get in touch.
UPDATE: NOVEMBER 1
We did it! We cannot thank you enough for your patience throughout this entire store refresh project. We promise the saws, torches, and scissor lifts are gone and not coming back.
Everyone is raving about the Deli and store layout. The new burritos and burrito bowls are already developing a following, and the new produce tables look fantastic. Over the next few weeks, we will continue to improve the look of the store with some fresh paint and new signage, but all of our offerings are back up and running at full speed again. So grab a friend, order a burrito, pre-order a Thanksgiving turkey, and enjoy the new store!
UPDATE: OCTOBER 14
Starting Monday, October 15, made-to-order sandwiches will not be available until October 25.
While you can’t get a Schwarma, it’s a perfect time to try our new Hot Bar + Salad Bar + Soups. Find your other favorite Deli items packaged in the brand new grab and go cooler, including ready-made sandwiches.
You’ll see some sound and messy construction this week, but we’ll be sure to keep things safe so you can continue to shop and enjoy the Co-op as usual. Thanks for your patience as we remove old fixtures and install new….including a Burrito Bar!
UPDATE: OCTOBER 4
Next week brings big changes and limited services in the Deli, as we take out old fixtures and bring in the new. This schedule should help you plan for next week (subject to change):
Monday, October 8
Yes: Sandwiches, Grab and Go
No: Coffee, Soup, Salad Bar, Pastries + Limited Hot Bar
Tuesday, October 9
Yes: Sandwiches, Grab & Go, Service Deli
No: Hot Bar, Coffee, Pastry, Artisan Bread, Soup, Salad Bar
Wednesday, October 10
Yes: Hot Bar, 2 Soups, Sandwiches, Grab and Go, Artisan Bread
No: Salad Bar
Thursday, October 11
Yes: Coffee, Pastries, Hot Bar, Soup, Sandwiches, Grab and Go, Artisan Bread
No: Salad Bar
Friday, October 12
Yes: Hot Bar, Salad Bar, and Soup all served from their new location + all regular services
Looking ahead, we will have some limited Deli services the week of October 14. Thanks for your patience as we refresh the store. As always, please get in touch with any questions or concerns.
UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 24
The Co-op will be opening a little later on Tuesday, September 25 (10AM-9PM) and Wednesday, September 26 (10AM-9PM).
What we’ll be working on this week:
- Cutting into the floors to move some refrigeration lines, drains, and electric lines.
- Putting in a new drink cooler and relocating the produce cooler.
- Reconfiguration of the produce department. We may have a limited produce selection—ask a team member if you have any questions.
UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 19
You may have noticed that our refresh work has begun in the bulk section, where we’ve installed new bins and relocated the coffee. This week will bring some more changes to the store, including:
- a temporary, limited-selection wellness section near the customer service counter (don’t worry, the full wellness section will be back soon)
- relocation and reorganization of some grocery aisles (if you need help finding anything, just ask a team member wearing a refresh button)
Here’s what to expect over the next month (plan subject to change):
- Late September – New equipment might mean we open late for a few days, but we’ll be sure to let you know. We’ll be getting some new coolers, a new stove, and the drinks will move to a new location. Any limited deli offerings will be communicated through our website and social media channels.
- Early October – Look for a new wall going up near the salad bar! New bakery cases and reconfigured hot & cold bars will go in as well.
- Mid October – Out with the old and in with the new… we’ll be installing the burrito station. Yum.
As always, please get in touch with any questions or concerns. We’re thrilled to see the new store taking shape!
UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 12
The refresh project begins in the Bulk Department this weekend! Watch for changes in the Wellness and Grocery Departments next week. The store will remain open during these first changes. If you have questions at any time, please get in touch.
UPDATE: AUGUST 29
Starting in mid-September, shoppers will notice some big changes at the Co-op! We’re embarking on a three-part phased project that will result in a shopping experience that is faster, more convenient, more enjoyable, and offer choices that are better aligned with our customers.
For about four weeks, the Co-op will be… well, a little messy. We plan on staying open throughout the refresh but may have to open late or close early on specific days. We’ll be sure to communicate any hour changes to you via our weekly email newsletter (sign up here); here on our website; and our Facebook page. Although the Deli should stay open throughout, parts of it may be out of commission as we install equipment.
More details will be shared in the coming month, but some of the major improvements shoppers will see post-refresh include:
- A better Deli experience, with more options, and more room to explore them
- More room and new display fixtures in the Produce aisle
- A redesigned Bulk aisle
- More space and better selection in the Wellness aisle