September is National Pizza Month & there’s still time to celebrate! From a simple, delicious cheese pizza to one with gourmet toppings or a gluten-free crust, there’s something for everyone at the St. Peter Food Co-op.
Go with the flow of the season with this satisfying sweet potato, chicken, Gouda pizza. Hungry for even more of those deep, earthy autumn flavors? Serve the pizza with a kale salad.
Fresh mozzarella is a wonderfully sweet, light cheese, one you would never guess is pretty low in fat. Crown it with some eggs, and a classic first course becomes a breakfast winner.
Thai peanut sauce is so popular, with its creamy, nutty taste and hint of spice that it just had to end up on pizza. It also goes well with chicken, shrimp or tofu, so you can always add more heft to this dish by adding some extra protein.
Looking for something a little more… in the box? The St. Peter Food Co-op carries frozen & bake at home pizzas from the following purveyors:
- Deep Indian Kitchen – Naan pizza, do we need to say more?
- Cappello’s – Nutritionally balanced, grain-free pizza
- Caulipower – Cauliflower crust pizza
- Urban Farmer – Gluten-free, veggie-based crust pizza
- KATO Pizzeria – Local & seasonal pizza, fresh from Mankato
- Real ‘Za – All natural artisanal pizza