Keep a bag of your favorite tortellini in the freezer and a jar of prepared pesto in the pantry and this meal comes together in a hurry. A sprinkle of lemon juice and zest gives it a fresh, bright flavor.
Try swapping out the frozen vegetables for a packet of frozen spinach. Just thaw and squeeze out the moisture from the spinach before adding to the cooked, drained pasta along with the pesto.
Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Boil a large pot of water for the tortellini. Salt the water and add the tortellini and vegetables, and cook according to package directions, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In the same pot, place the drained tortellini and vegetables, chicken, 2 teaspoons lemon zest,1 teaspoon lemon juice and pesto sauce.
- Toss to coat, and stir gently over medium heat just to warm. Salt and pepper to taste, serve hot.