May is National Barbecue Month, and we have the perfect recipe for you, courtesy of local producer Lucky’s Sauces! Mark Porisch’s small batch, award-winning sauces are made right here in Minnesota using locally grown, organic peppers. Not ready to get the grill out of the garage? These delicious kebabs can also be grilled indoors on a hot, well-seasoned ridged grill pan over medium high heat.
Time: 20 minutes prep; 14 minutes cooking
- 4 tablespoons Lucky’s Honey Mustard (any flavor)
- 12 oz boneless pork loin (pork shoulder or chicken works too)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 12 pineapple chunks
- Love veggies? Add onions, mushrooms, and whatever else you like, cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Prepare your grill (direct heat).
- Cut the meat, peppers, and pineapple into 1-inch chunks.
- Thread the meat, peppers, and pineapple onto skewers.
- Grill on an oiled rack set 5-6 inches over the coals for 6-7 minutes.
- Turn kebabs and baste with your choice of Lucky’s Honey Mustard.
- Continue grilling for another 4-5 minutes, and baste again until meat and vegetables are fully cooked through.
Stop by the St. Peter Food Co-op & Deli to pick up everything you need for the recipe or add the above items to your order for curbside grocery pickup! Check our weekly sales and Co+op Deals for savings.